Friday, October 25, 2013

Thai food (and parents?)

It's parents weekend here at Emory, and you know what that means?

THAI FOOD!

My dad ordered this "rama seafood" curry dish with steamed mussels, squid, and shrimp. SO yummy.

And parents, of course.

But let's get back to the Thai food. 
Last night, to celebrate my parent's arrival in ATL, my parents took me, Nate, and my functional roommate Brian out to a Thai restaurant called Top Spice

I don't mean this to be a post about how bad the food at the DUC (Emory's dining hall) is, because it's not. The food they serve at Emory is REALLY good, and I would wager it is better than what they serve in most college dining halls, but the joy of getting to go out and have a nice, thoughtful meal is so special to me, and I was beyond excited for some good Thai food last night, and a great evening with my favorite people.

Tom Yum Goong (Hot and spicy lemongrass soup with shrimp). AKA: my favorite food

While I'm a sucker for ALL Thai food, the food at Top Spice was particularly good without being unreasonably priced. I ordered a bowl of tom yum (my favorite food pretty much ever), and was not disappointed. It was delicious, perfectly balanced, and intensely spicy without being overwhelming. I would highly recommend it for anyone who likes food with a bit of kick.


I also had a squid salad to go along with my tom yum. I'd never had squid salad before, but it was SUPERB. This salad was just steamed squid on top of a bed of romaine lettuce dressed with a mixture of lime juice and ground red chili peppers. That's it. So effortless, so simple, and so unbelievably good. 

My parents are here until Sunday so there will surely be more culinary adventures to come, but for now I'm just SO happy they're here, and can't wait for the rest of this weekend. 

Much ruv, 
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment