Sunday, January 12, 2014

Back to school: My January goals

So maybe I'm just a little late to the -it's-a-new-year-ohmygod goal setting party,but with my second semester of college starting in two days, I've been thinking a lot about what I want to accomplish in the next few months.

All things considered, my first semester of college went pretty well. I got good grades (One B+ never killed anyone, right?), met some new people, and managed not to spiral into an emotional tornado. If I could do it again, I don't necessarily know if there's anything I would do differently, but that doesn't mean there aren't things to work on this semester.

College is supposed to pull you out of your shell, but five months into my freshman year, I feel like I'm still safely and comfortably tucked into mine. Last semester was not without its challenges, but I'm ready to really push myself for the next four months.

I admittedly have a habit for losing sight of long term goals, so we're going to keep it short term this semester: a few attainable monthly goals each month.

With my resolutions and long term goals in mind, we're going to kick of January with a few easy goals that will hopefully keep me constantly moving forward on my self improvement journey.

January Goals
1. Enter a competition
2. Initiate social plans with others once a week
3. Work with debate coaches twice a week
4. Actively try to say "yes" to more opportunities, and don't stay home out of fear


No comments:

Post a Comment