Friday, June 27, 2014

Peanut carrot soup


This recipe... souper weird.


AH!!!! GET IT? SOUPER?!


Okay, now I promise no more puns for the day. But that was good... was it not?


Don't worry. I know y'all can't answer, but if you could you would reaffirm my belief that puns are still (and always will be) funny. Thanks everyone. You all are the best.


Anyhow, soup. This soup is actually quite weird. Why? Well... it's carrots and peanut butter.


Whenever people ask me what my favorite food is I always really struggle. I mean, come on. How can anyone just pick one food? I know I couldn't, but if I think about the foods I could be happy eating for the rest of my life, peanut butter and baby carrots both make the top 5. I could also eat them together for the rest of my life.


So what have I done? Made a soup out of both of them. Well, sort of. This recipe doesn't use baby carrots, but did you know that baby carrots are actually just shaved down normal carrots?


Is that not just absolutely devastating? Finding that out really crushed something inside of me. It was tough.


But this soup, it will not disappoint you. Admittedly, this soup may not appeal to everyone, but I loved it. Even the carrot-soup haters in my family (all of them...) didn't absolutely abhor this soup. Was it my most beloved recipe? No, definitely not. But I loved it.


Hope you do too. If not, just enjoy the pictures of peanut butter.
Ohmygod.

Peanut Carrot Soup 
Serves: 4
Cook time: 30 minutes

Ingredients: 
1 lb. carrots, cleaned and sliced
1 large yellow onion, chopped
3 gloves garlic, minced
2 cups vegetable stock (+ 1-2 cup water)
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1-2 tsp red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
Greek yogurt, chopped cilantro, and chopped peanuts to serve
Olive oil

Instructions:
1. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat and add onion and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent, stirring frequently
2. Add carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes
3. Add stalk and water, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cover. Allow soup to cook for 20 minutes or until vegetables are soft
4. Using an immersion blender, add in peanut butter and red pepper flakes (start with less and add to taste), and mix
5. Top with cilantro, greek yogurt, and chopped peanuts to serve

No comments:

Post a Comment