Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Return of the recipes! Feta stuffed cucumbers

And you thought it was over.



Ha. ha ha ha. ha.

It never ends.


After a week long hiatus from posting recipes on account of my trip to Paris, I am back in the states and ready to post recipes again. If you've been going through withdrawals and wondering what to cook next, have no fear.


I cooked and cooked and cooked some more during the month I was home and I have tons of great recipes saved up for you to make your friends and family this summer. It's going to be a good time. I promise.


I'm also happily announcing that if YOU are interested in writing a guest post, I'll be trying to collaborate with other bloggers and friends this summer, so pleeeasseeee contact me if you have even the smallest sliver of interest. People have been constantly messaging me with pictures of their recreations too, so if you want to share how any of my recipes worked out for you, please leave a comment or send me some tips. We can do a weekly tips post? Fun? FUN? I just want y'all to have as much fun with this blog as I do.


OKAY. Whew. That was a lot of not typing about food. Let's talk about food now.


These little guys are my newest addition to my appetizer repertoire, and mmmmm they're yummy (oh, and super easy).


Basically, buy a cucumber, cut it up, hollow it out, fill it up, consume. Ah, the noms.


I filled my cucumbers with a mixture of feta, greek yogurt, and pine nuts, but honestly put whatever you want inside. This recipe can be a template for all sorts of cucumbery fun. But if you like some refined, fancy, fun flavors, I would recommend these cucumbers. STRONGLY recommend.


Happy snacking.

Feta stuffed cucumbers
Serves: 2-3
Cook time: 10 minutes

Ingredients: 
1 XL English cucumber, chilled and sliced into 1/2" rounds
1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
1/3 cup greek yogurt (I used nonfat)
2 tbsp lite sour cream
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
1 tbsp dry dill
1-2 slices of prosciutto, cut into small strips
Fresh dill, cut into pieces to garnish

Instructions:
1. In a medium bowl, combine feta, yogurt, pine nuts (leave a few for topping if you wish), sour cream, and dill. mix until smooth.
2. Using a knife or spoon, hollow out the cucumbers and fill center with feta mixture
3. Top each cucumber round with a small piece of prosciutto and a spring of dill



No comments:

Post a Comment