Monday, June 16, 2014

Slutty peanut butter brownies

That's right. Slutty. Brownies.



Why are these called slutty brownies?


I actually have no idea. My theories are that it's either because they're so easy (ah, punny) or because they really get around (ahhhh, MORE puns).


Or it might just be because these are so good that they make you feel a little bit dirty. Not a pun.


So what exactly is a slutty brownie? Traditionally it's a chocolate chip cookie topped with a layer of oreos, topped with a layer of brownies. However, I made these slutty brownies for a coworker on his birthday, and he happens to love peanut butter, so these are slutty PEANUT BUTER brownies. (Sidebar: My coworker is also an awesome person. Shout-out to Dillon.)


Which sends me into another sidebar. Having tons of guy friends who love to endlessly eat baked goods is awesome.


Usually I don't bake because I don't eat baked goods. They're not good for your body, they're certainly not good for your waistline, and I'm trying to kick my sugar addiction. But having tons of boys around who want baked goods late at night? Awesome, awesome, awesome.


It's also just awesome being around friends. After going home for a month I was reminded of how much I like being alone. To be honest, I would probably almost always prefer to be alone than around other people.


But being back around some of my closest friends has reminded me how lucky I am to have wonderful people in my life who care about me and make me happier when I feel down.


After spending a lot of my life trying to figure out who my real friends are, I have finally found people who support me and help me grow.


These brownies also make me feel happier when I'm feeling down. They'll do the same for you.


Sentiment and self-promotion aside though, this is actually the easiest recipe I have ever made. Mostly because I used boxed mixes and literally all I did was pour stuff and then put a pan into the oven. Even if you can't bake, bake these.


They're delicious, they're easy, and they're a great way to celebrate the people you love.


Slutty Peanut Butter Brownies

Ingredients: 
1 box Reeses peanut butter brownie mix, mixed as instructed on box
1 box peanut butter cookie mix, mixed as instructed
16 oreos

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit
2. Mix cookie dough as instructed on the box and layer into a greased 8x8 pan
3. Push 16 oreos into the dough, pressing them down lightly into the cookie dough
4. Mix brownie mix as instructed and pour over oreos
5. Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in and it comes out clean

No comments:

Post a Comment