Thursday, June 19, 2014

Spicy peanut butter curry yogurt dip

Remember when I promised more snack food?

Promise fulfilled.


To be honest, this might be cheating. This "recipe" is so easy that I'm not sure it even counts as a recipe, but I'm about to implode judging debates, so an easy recipe is necessary.

It's probably necessary for you too, actually.


Sometimes we all just have days that are too busy, and those are the days in which we usually eat foods we regret. Recently this summer I've found myself eating things I otherwise wouldn't. After kicking my diet soda habit for over a month I have found myself reaching for a diet coke multiple times this week. I get busy, I get tired, and I want things that are instantaneously gratifying and give me energy. Aka, sugar and caffeine.


But healthy eating is important. Take a second in your day to remind yourself of that.


If you can't find the time to take care of your health then you have scheduled your life incorrectly. While you probably shouldn't police yourself, and while a piece of pizza every now and then is not only okay but even arguably necessary, fueling your body with nutrients is the most sustainable way to maintain your health, keep your energy levels high, and generally just feel better.


So if you (like me) have been filling your life with unhealthy food, then you need this too.

And by this, I mean this delicious, yummy, nutritious yogurt dip that I literally eat off a spoon when no one else is around to see me do it.


It's creamy, and thick, and a little bit spicy with just the perfect balance of sweet and salty.


And the best part? It takes literally less than 3 minutes to make this. It also takes me less than 3 minutes to eat this but that's probably not info you needed.


Oh, the other best part (bests are like best friends in my mind -- you can have more than one): all dat health. The yogurt is full of probiotics, protein, and healthy calcium. The peanut butter adds healthy fat and protein. AND, spice is proven to help aid weight loss. Serve these with veggies to boot, and you are just unstoppable.



Spicy peanut butter curry yogurt dip
Serves: 4-6
Prep time: 5 minutes

Ingredients: 
1 cup nonfat greek yogurt (I use fage 0)
1 tbsp natrual creamy peanut butter
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1 lime, juiced
1-2 tsp honey
salt and pepper

Instructions:
1. In a small bowl, mix together yogurt, peanut butter, curry powder, lime juice, and chili powder. Stir until thoroughly mixed
2. Add honey, salt and pepper, and more seasoning as necessary (I add more curry and chili usually, but it just depends on your taste. Just do it bit by bit)
3. Serve with fresh cut veggies, pita chips, on bread, with tortilla chips, or with whatever you want!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment