Monday, June 23, 2014

Thai cucumber salad


Today's post is all about cucumbers.


Why? Well, mostly because this recipe is cucumber based, but also because cucumbers are awesome. 


While I think that all vegetables are awesome, but cucumbers are a particular favorite. They're cool (ever heard the saying cool as a cucumber?), crisp, chalk full of water to keep you hydrated, and just generally delicious.

They're also the only thing I have to talk about right now because I'm out of things to say. That is the real reason I'm writing about cucumbers. Today I just have nothing to say.


Weird, because that never happens to me. So this post will be short, but I'm issuing a cry for help. What would you all like to hear about? I would love to hear from you all so I can write about things that you are interested in (which probably doesn't include cucumbers). 


If you're interested in having your voice heard or have questions for me, leave me a comment or email me at ksten52@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you all and you would probably love to not have to hear about cucumbers. 

I guess I didn't say much about cucumbers at all though, did I? For now, just know that this salad is sweet, refreshing, a little spicy, and super healthy. 

Enjoy!

Thai Cucumber salad
Serves: 4
Cook time: 5 minutes (+ optional chilling time)

Ingredients:
2 large english cucumbers, diced
1 large red bell pepper, sliced
4 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp rice vinegar
2 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 jalepeno, chopped
1/2 cup peanuts, finely chopped and divided
cilantro

Instructions:
1. Combine cucumber, bell peppers, sugar, vinegar, fish sauce, jalepeno, and half of the peanuts into a medium sized bowl and mix thoroughly. 
2. Refrigerate* 
3. Top with remaining peanuts and cilantro to serve

*This step is unnecessary but it really helps the flavors marinade

No comments:

Post a Comment