Friday, July 25, 2014

Baked Peach Strawberry Bruschetta


I think I'm going through a phase.



I refuse to cause it a problem, but it's definitely a phase. 


Every food I've been making lately is a combination of fruit + balsamic vinegar + (insert other stuff here because it's not socially acceptable to only eat fruit and reduced vinegar). 


But actually...


This recipe, and yesterday's, AND the next one I have queued are some combination of balsamic vinegar and fruit, and they're all sort of similar. I'm sorry, guys. It's a phase I can't get out of.


But then again, I'm not sure why I would want to. If you're new to Kristen food favorites land, welcome and let me show you around. To your left we have balsamic vinegar and to your right we have fruit, and that's a pretty comprehensive tour. 


I love balsamic vinegar. I know that's weird. But I actually ended up just licking this reduction off of the spoon yesterday for several minutes I'm so obsessed with the thick, sweet, tang of a good balsamic vinegar. Don't judge meeeee.


But the reason I'm telling you this is because if you DON'T like vinegar, then you should probably just avoid my blog for the next few days. 


Wait, no. Don't. I didn't mean it. Stay. Speaking of staying, I'm still in love with this song: Sam Smith – Stay With Me. You should click that link and listen to it if you haven't. You probably have. 


Wow, I can't keep together a coherent thought today. Sorry for the scattered thoughts... I'm a little hyper. 


Okay, the goal for the rest of this post is to describe this food. I can do this. Got this. Awesome. 


This bruschetta was delicious. Like, life-changingly delicious. My mother, a wonderful cook with a wonderful palette, described this dish as a 10/10. TEN OUT OF TEN. It was a proud moment. 


I made the bruschetta ahead of time and soaked it in the vinegar for a while, but you don't have to. You also don't have to toast the bread and melt the cheese. You also don't technically have to shower or brush your teeth... but some ideas are better than others. 


This bruschetta is a crunchy, gooey, sweet, salty, tangy, warm, fantastic idea.


I'll stop talking now. Just make this. 


Baked Peach Strawberry Bruschetta
Serves: 2-3
Cook time: 15 minutes

Ingredients
1 large peach, diced
1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp olive oil 
1/2 tsp salt
5-8 basil leaves, cut into small pieces
Ciabatta or sourdough loaf, cut into 6 slices 
6 thin slices part skim mozzarella 

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit 
2. In a small bowl, combine peach, strawberries, vinegar, oil, salt, and basil. Combine gently and refrigerate.
3. Assemble bread slices on a baking tray and brush lightly with olive oil. Top with mozzarella and place in over for 5-10 minutes (NOTE: Check on bread routinely to check for burning. They should cook until the cheese is fully melted and bread is lightly toasted)
4. Distribute the bruschetta mixture evenly across bread making sure to drizzle the vinegar mixture over each piece

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment