Saturday, July 26, 2014

Watermelon raspberry slushies


I am writing this post explicitly for the purpose of not posting about balsamic vinegar.



That's not true at all.


I'm writing this post because today I had a good idea that I want to share with you guys.


It all started with a problem: an unfortunately mealy watermelon.


You know what I'm talking about. A perfectly pink, sweet, delicious watermelon with the texture of mushy sand.


I consider my mealy watermelon tolerance to be pretty high (higher than most people's), but today there was a watermelon in our refrigerator that was just too mealy to be helped. But it was soooo sweet. I'm telling you, this whole situation was a tragedy.


So I threw it in a blender.


I actually think that might be the solution to many of my life problems. When something's giving you trouble just throw it in a blender and see what happens.


No, that was a bad idea, don't do that.


But do make this slushy. To be honest, you could just throw watermelon and a splash of lime juice in the blender and call it a day, but I have to over complicate everything obviously, so I added stuff to transform if from a watermelon juice to a watermelon SLUSHY. Oooooh, good word. Summery word. Slushy.


And by stuff I mean frozen raspberries that were taking up space in my freezer (I have way too many bags of frozen fruit in the freezer), and some ice cubes.


If you're feeling adventurous you could also throw in some frozen mango, frozen strawberries, or even some white rum to make this a dacquiri if you're feeling a little frisky (and are over the age of 21 and capable of drinking responsibly with no intent of operating heavy machinery or driving... obviously. psh.)


No matter what you add to this, this juice slushy is ridiculously refreshing and summery.


It's also accompanied in this post by some ridiculously awful pouring pictures. I need to buy glassware that pours more cleanly. This turned into a little bit of a mess, but I'm including the pouring pictures here anyways.


Hopefully your pouring adventures go more smoothly than mine. Best of luck.


Watermelon raspberry slushies 
Prep time: 5 minutes
Serves: 2

Ingredients: 
2 cups watermelon , diced
1 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 lime, juiced
5-6 ice cubes

Instructions:
1. Combine watermelon, raspberries, lime juice and ice cubes in a blender and blend until smooth.
Yea... that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment